Creating Inclusive Excellence Grants
Creating Inclusive Excellence Grants provide funding for programs and activities that create and support an inclusive university. MSU believes an inclusive campus environment provides opportunities for learners from all backgrounds to bring their passion and talent and join a vibrant, intellectual community built on mutual respect.
The funding presents an opportunity for colleges and academic units to engage in efforts that will enhance academic quality, and through clearly articulated outcomes, demonstrably benefit students. In addition, the grants facilitate the development, research, and assessment of university-wide diversity and inclusion efforts.
Funding is available in the following categories:
- Category 1: College and Academic Unit—multiyear funding
- Category 2(a): College and Academic Unit—one-year, non-recurring funding
- Category 2(b): Other Academic/Administrative Unit Individual or Group—one-year, non-recurring funding (Students may submit proposals with endorsement by faculty and/or staff)
- March: Call for proposals
- June: Proposals due Monday, June 5, 2017
- July: Awards announced (late July)
Contact Paulette Granberry Russell, senior advisor to the president for diversity and director, Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives, at 517-353-3924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.