The goals of the Diversity Research Network include:
- Scholarship: To create and support an interdisciplinary intellectual community of MSU faculty of color and diversity scholars that promotes their excellence through research innovation, productivity, grant activity, and national recognition.
- Support: Increase inclusion through support of the recruitment, retention, and advancement of faculty of color and diversity scholars through cross-university mentoring activities.
- Visibility: Enhance the dissemination of scholarship by faculty of color and diversity scholars to increase the visibility of their research and expand MSU’s reputation as an institution committed to diversity.
- Student Engagement: Promote opportunities for MSU undergraduate and graduate students to engage with faculty of color and diversity scholars in activities that will support faculty research and provide students with mentoring, support, and training.
- Community Engagement: Facilitate engagement in outreach and policy activities related to the scholarship of MSU faculty of color and diversity scholars in support of the land-grant mission of MSU to improve the lives of individuals and communities through evidence-based best practices.